As a Mom, I've come to hate birthday parties. All the planning that is involved for a 2 hour party stresses me out. I've done it anyway for both boys and they have each had parties every year since they were three. This year, with a new baby, and my ever growing dislike of planning parties, I talked the boys into not having them and doing something really fun instead. When we showed Carter pictures of Great Wolf Lodge he was easily sold. We planned to go midweek mainly because it was so much cheaper that way, but it also turned out to be great because there was hardly anyone else there. Colby missed his one and only day of school for the year. I'm writing this in May and he hasn't had one sick day this year. He says it was worth it though to ruin perfect attendance. We took off right after school on the 21st and came back late the evening of the 22nd. That gave us a few hours to swim right when we got there and then the whole next day.
Carter loved the wave pool.
We closed the pool down and then headed upstairs for the nightly story time.
After that we headed back to the room and had a little birthday party for Carter. We decorated the room, brought along all the presents and a cake.
Notice the life jacket for the rest of the pictures? Ya, Cater fell off the lilly pads, forgot how to swim, and had to be rescued by the life guard! He was fine, and unphased, but forced (by us) to wear the life jacket for the rest of the day. I got the joy of filling out an incident report with the head life guard.
0 comments:
Post a Comment